Social Hiring” src=”http://resumeparser.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/IsSocialRecruitingGood-300×300.png” width=”300″ height=”300″ /> Social Sourcing or Recruiting
To know what’s in trend is of utmost importance to HR managers. They need to catch up with the trend & be onboard. For e.g. Social Recruiting has impacted the recruitment horizon so profusely, that it’s difficult to separate nuances of professional and personal life
- You get to know more about your ideal candidate, his social profile can definitely influence your decision of whom to select.
- Background checks, validating info, cultural fit for the organization & his likes/dislikes, comments can tell you bit more about the person than what is written on the resume.
- Skill check, competency and social connection also add points.
- Intrude to your personal side of the story & probably a reflection which falls on your professional font. ( I agree it all depends how people look at it)
- Sometimes it conflicts with the information vis-à-vis resume info. (Candidate reaction; oops! From where it came? )
- Choose your actions carefully as social media is the next-big- thing of business & you don’t want to loose the battle. (But why? that is my personal zone, exactly that is what triggers the problem).
Peace: Be proactive, intuitive, and adaptable to the environment. Speak clearly where it steps in your personal interest vs. professional. Take onus for all your social interactions as good companies always respect that. Rest if you like the post, don’t forget to post your comments below.
1 People- Nothing is more valued on this earth than us as Humans. So when it comes to managing people, help the crux of management is even people. Wherever you go, it’s the people behind the game who give the end product which looks so perfect to you. As organizations go larger and larger, we need people synergize and work for a common goal. Anything that organization adopts is for the 360° benefit of people, even if we can’t see the immediate effect but it’s projected that way.
2 Passion- Most importantly, how we differentiate successful organization with others is on the ground of passion that one has to sustain best. People strive longer and give their best when they are passionate to do certain thing. Organizations here have to come up with a mechanism which fosters growth for people who are motivated to bring better results each time. A culture of passion, blended with commitment and servitude can change the fate of any company.
3 Performance- As we go in depth, what troubles most people is their performance review, take any particular organization. How they are judged by their peers, evaluation system to rank performance, sustainability in the organization and competing for higher ranks are other concerns. It should be fair, reasonable and a transparent system which encourages individual to be awarded for his hard work, skills and temperament to handle challenges.
4 Pay- Show me the money! Nobody can defy it. People work for money and it’s a straight fact for the record. If you want to scale your business, value people and pay them accordingly. Here leaders of organization have a task in-hand which needs to be done deliberately to encourage more people willing to work with them. If organization can match the economics well they can breed talent, hone skills and encourage bringing out the best in them.
5 Perks- That’s the favorite part because you can never calculate them in lieu of money. It comes as a package with your job and makes your job distinct from the lot. Like Google gives massages and yoga, a play room, back-up child care, SC Johnson & Son send packages and flowers, pick up groceries, shop around for the best deals on car insurance, take your car in for service including oil changes and you can let us know what perks you get on job in comments below.