To know what’s in trend is of utmost importance to HR managers. They need to catch up with the trend & be onboard. For e.g. Social Recruiting has impacted the recruitment horizon so profusely, that it’s difficult to separate nuances of professional and personal life
- You get to know more about your ideal candidate, his social profile can definitely influence your decision of whom to select.
- Background checks, validating info, cultural fit for the organization & his likes/dislikes, comments can tell you bit more about the person than what is written on the resume.
- Skill check, competency and social connection also add points.
- Intrude to your personal side of the story & probably a reflection which falls on your professional font. ( I agree it all depends how people look at it)
- Sometimes it conflicts with the information vis-à-vis resume info. (Candidate reaction; oops! From where it came? )
- Choose your actions carefully as social media is the next-big- thing of business & you don’t want to loose the battle. (But why? that is my personal zone, exactly that is what triggers the problem).
Peace: Be proactive, intuitive, and adaptable to the environment. Speak clearly where it steps in your personal interest vs. professional. Take onus for all your social interactions as good companies always respect that. Rest if you like the post, don’t forget to post your comments below.